Saturday, April 21, 2007

Inspiration

Found this on a site called The Yarn Museum.

It was spun by a lady called knittydirtygirl and it a wonderful mix of merino, cotswold, sari silk, camel and other bits and bobs. Isn't it beautiful? (I am supposed to ask the artist's permission to use her image and I confess I have not, but all the links are there and it's not as if this blog sees a lot of traffic anyway so live and let live eh? She sounds a true fibre artist and a very busy one at that - I can only think that she'd go duh at me. Do I sound intimidated or wot?) Anyhoo, I love this yarn pic and would like to give the style a whirl, when I get all my other projects under control.

Talking of other projects, I believe my Icarus yarn arrived today but I was out and the postie couldn't get the package through the post-box. Instead of dropping it at my neighbour's the daft bat took it back to the depot and I won't be able to get at it until Monday! Arrrgh!

To concentrate the faculties here is a short list of my other projects that I need to get under control/address

1. Spin up at least 100g of the soya silk from the stash, ready for the guild dying workshop.
2. Felt up more merino/possum blend for Arran's splint
3. Finish the last sleeve, and join up V's jumper, I've been meaning to do this for months!
4. Spin up the remaining rosebasket tussah silk for general plying.
5. Finish off the jacob top for Carol's scarf.
6. The fawn merino to felt into a shawl a la Elianor Mortymer.
7. The ashes of roses merino lace weight to ply for a fringe for item 6.

There's probably more but I cant think of them right now.

See ya later

No comments: