Sunday, April 08, 2007

More Rape of the Fair Country Shots

The Mortymer family at dinner
From left to right
Edwina, Dada, Mam, Morfydd and Iestyn, also known as Zoe, V, Me, Catherine and Jonathan


This is my gorgeous man

We took these on Good Friday in Blaenavon Iron-works and The Big Pit. What a day this was, a real family day. I love being part of the Cordell Players. We are mostly made up of married or betrothed couples, brother & sisters and long time friends. So comfortable and such fun. All this and dressing up too. We were taken for Quakers/Amish at the Big Pit. We laughed but it was sweet too.

I think I might wear a long skirt and calico pinny more often, they certainly made me feel old fashioned in all the good ways. By that I suppose I mean the good old ways, before cynicism became common currency and people still believed in their beliefs and would go so far as to die for them rather than being ashamed of having any.
Elianor Mortymer (Mam) is a complete woman, fiercely loving, proud, strong, a good wife, confident in her husband and able to lift her weight as the saying goes. I love her and she has been an inspiration to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why do you refer to your husband as V? Tell me later