Thursday, July 03, 2008

Anthropomorphism 101

My husband is a laid back kind of guy - not much upsets him ever, but trashing the MG really ticked him off. Since then I have hardly been able to get near the computer because he has been scouring e bay for replacements.
Well, he has come up trumps again and this one is even more of a beauty. It is funny how sometimes you just take to some people isn't it? You hardly know them but there is something about them that charms. I am that way with cars too. Some have no personality and some do and there is something about this pretty little blue thing just pleases me no end. I have even named her. So jolly days out are just round the corner...if it ever stops raining that is. We have had an evil amount of rain this last week and it is flipping cold too. This country, I love it but it needs a roof in the worst way.

In other news, Rose had her first swimming lesson on Monday. She is having an intensive block
of half hour lessons every day for a fortnight. Within twenty minutes she had paddled her first unsupported backstroke and I narrowly stopped myself from leaping from my seat crowing with pride. I am so delighted I think because I am such a poor swimmer myself. Have you ever seen a cat swim? Their eyes are screwed up, they puff and struggle and it is clear that they cannot wait to get the hell out of this wet stuff. I swim that way too. While V just cuts his way effortlessly through the water, fifty lengths without thinking about it. Swimming is the best exercise they say. I'm going to give Pilates a go.

Crafting has ground to a halt at the moment. It is not the blahs but right now I am preferring reading to anything else and I can't find the moorit shetland so no dog spinning as yet. I'll let you know. Anyway, I have to make a Victorian costume for Rose today. School gave us 48 hours to find a bonnet, shawl, skirt and pinny. The working mothers must be tearing their hair out, I had a funeral to go to yesterday so I have promised Rose that I will deliver costume to the Dreaded Mrs Jenkins by home time today. I love a challenge. Right, I have to go and get my brood ready for school now.
Hope you have a pleasantly busy day to day too.

7 comments:

Sa said...

Have pilates dvd and booklet set you can have if you want it.

Glad Rose is getting it. Cheeky monkey did his 5 Meters yesterday and I too nearly lept over the barrier (and you know my body that would have been miracolous) and hug the soaking wet instructor! ROFL

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I'm so happy to hear you have found a replacement, I hope it works out!

Lorraine said...

Sian- My husband is afraid of water, and I am a very good swimmer, so I spent alot of summers at the local pool (I called it pool purgatory) and both my children are terific swimmers.

It's a life skill.

Congrats on the new baby blue!

Technodoll said...

Mon dieu what happened to the MG? Did I miss the post on that? :-o

Mmm rain... it's pelting here too as I write this. crazy-arsed wet summer.... sigh.

Good luck with the costume! :-)

Greg C said...

That's me too, I am laid back but push the wrong button and watch out. My wife says I am dangerous. :)

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with you mothers with kids and swimming just throw them in the deep end if they come back up and swim problem solved.all this fuss. if they don't come back up dive in.And another fuss pilates and diets eat less and get on your bikes that easy.sara as dvd and boolet i would rather have a jam doughnut and hotdog.what do you and sara want with diets and things. or is it a woman thing.look derry goes down the gym V goes for a swim all you ladys do is sit around drinking coffee or tea all day and chat.bring back the dolly tub and mangle .alright i stepped over the line i know there is a contract out on me.bye.

Sian said...

Sa: And most swimming intructors are worth hugging too *grin*

WW: Thanks. Me too!

Lorraine: I am not afraid of the water, I just dislike it intensely. I plan on my kids being good swimmers too.

TD: The costume came out well I think, Rose looks very cute in it. ...I would just love to hear your accent btw.

Greg: And all the girls love a guy with a touch of danger about him...

POD:Smacked wrists you'll have...