Friday, July 25, 2008

Day 2 of the Summer Holidays

Day 2 (yesterday): I mostly caught up on the housework that I neglected over the weekend and V went to get his malaria tablets for his trip to Uganda. It was another beautiful day, too nice to ignore so after all the humdrum stuff was done we went for a walk to the falls in Melyn Court.

This is just a hop skip and a jump away from where we live and we come here quite often. The air was warm and green smelling but as we got closer to the falls, the occasional pleasantly cool breath of water wafted over us.

We saw dippers (small water birds) by the stream. Unfortunately, they were shy and refused to pose for me.

It is possible to walk behind these falls. I never have though, the path is slippery and uneven... bad news for smalls.

Even though the dippers declined, my family has no problem at all with posing :o)

It is quite grey today, cool with drifting soft rain but just sometimes the cloud thins a little and the sky takes on this strange silvery gold glow. It is very beautiful but the picture I took did not capture it at all.
Today we will make the ice cream that we did not have time to do yesterday.
Hope you have a gentle day today too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A pretty spot, but what a lovely family photo!

Lorraine said...

Sian- Too bad you weren't in the photo as well.

Lovely spot.

Kim said...

Utterly beautiful pictures, Sian. You're so lucky to live in such a beautiful place, and I loved the little cottages too.

We are easing ourselves gently into the holidays today with a lazy day. Although I've managed to get a heap of housework done, which is a good start :)

Kim x

Sian said...

Kate: Thank you! :o)

Lorraine: It is rare that anyone takes a photo of me that I am happy with :o) I always feel as though I ruin perfectly decent pics.

Kim: Yes, this valley is very beautiful. I am glad to live here. Keeping a tidy house when the kids are home is almost impossible I find.
:o)

Anonymous said...

sian the photo of V and the girls reminds me of a painting and i can't put a name to it.if i find it will post it.enjoy hol's.

Technodoll said...

A superbly lovely photo, everyone has their own unique expression in it... you can tell much about personalities! :-)

Sian said...

POD: Sounds interesting :o)

TD: Thank you! I am wondering now what you have deduced about us :o)