Sunday, July 06, 2008

It's quiet...too quiet

Hands up everyone who knows that when the kids go to silent running there is trouble afoot. I have been a mum for eight years, you'd have thought I'd have twigged by now...but no, I was just grateful for a bit of peace after the havoc of cooking and dishing up Sunday lunch (which was a treat by the way, the first taste of chicken in months.*) So I was just letting that and the chocolate pudding settle down with a cup of tea and I did not notice that the girls disappeared until a powerful scent of violets caught my attention and Eden sidled into the room smelling like... well, like violets and a hell of a lot of them.

What have you done?
*innocently* Nothing
Have you made a mess? (stupid question, of course they have)
*even more innocently* No...

and then she smiles at me.
Helen had the face that launched a thousand ships, but they would have all turned round and gone home for the chance to see Eden smile. I am going to finish my cuppa and then go to see what fresh nightmare they have created upstairs. But, at least, it is a sweet smelling nightmare - see, there are silver linings everywhere.


cat
more cat pictures

it says
Well, would you look at that
the paper towels are fighting again


*Either you eat the ones that have been raised in avian hell or you take out a second mortgage. Eight quid for a chicken! I am starting to wonder if I might not keep our hens-to-be for more than just eggs...

5 comments:

Kim said...

It must be a day for it, Sian. My two have been driving me POTTY! I escaped to the field and even the ponies were at it, Merlin sooo wanted me to play chase, but he plays too rough!!!

Kim x

Patois42 said...

Love the cat. I'd have chosen to enjoy the brew before I undertook the sorting out of what was surely a heck of a mess!

Pippa said...

Ha! Although mischievous, those twins of yours really are the cutest!

Technodoll said...

ah but what is a life worth... ;-)

how was the mess? did it make you smile too?

Sian said...

Kim: I can just about manage my kids a pony would be just too much :o)

Patois: You are a sensible woman :o)

Pippa: I look forward to seeing your children my dear :o)

TD: Strangely, there was no mess, just the scent of violets where ever the twins went. I think they must a soused themselves in one of Roses glittery body sprays or something...so, not as bad as I thought.