Friday, July 04, 2008

I Love Teachers because...

So, I have managed to get Rose's Victorian music hall costume done and it was something of a rush but it looks pretty good I think. Alas I cannot show you a photo yet as they needed it in by yesterday and The Dreaded Mrs Jenkins lifted her eyebrows at me for bringing it late.

She peered inside the bag: black lace top (mine, rather large but still okay) black satin skirt, two petticoats - one soft cotton, the other layers and layers of tulle to make the skirt stick out (I didn't have time to make a hooped petti) a feather boa and a pretty flowered headress. Once more the eyebrows went up...
No corset Mrs Hill?
Sarky mare...

In other news I have picked up a fairy name thanks to Kim whose entertaining and inspirational blog can be found here... Oakmoon.

Your fairy is called Feather Icefrost
She is a bone chilling bringer of justice for the vulnerable.
She lives in high places where the clouds meet the earth.
She is only seen during the first snow of winter.
She wears pale blue like the sky. She has icy blue butterfly wings.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you did it with LOVE

Kim said...

Oooh, Sian, you're a butt-kicking fairy too, how marvelous. We should team up :) I'm feeling very inspired to do some more fairy paintings now, after reading the descriptions of these two gals! My daughter has been nagging me to get my paints out again, so maybe I should....
and thank you sooo much for the kind mention :)

Kim x

Kim said...

ps, drop by for chicken advice any time you need it, if I can't give you an answer, I know plenty of people who can :)

Kim x

Technodoll said...

LOL I must be your long-lost fairie stepsister or something...

Your fairy is called Berry Icedancer
She is a bone chilling bringer of justice for the vulnerable.
She lives in fruit orchards and vineyards.
She is only seen when the bees swarm and the crickets chirrup.
She wears red, cerise and purple berry colours. She has icy blue butterfly wings.

robin ann mcintosh said...

oohh I love the fairy names! off to see what mine is : )