Thursday, July 10, 2008

Of Hobbies...

Chatting to V over breakfast this morning, sorting out the day, as you do, covering the mundanities, which I will spare you, I asked him what his plans were for this evening when I was in work.
I am going to watch Stargate...while electrocuting myself.

Yes folks, he has taken to electrocuting himself, Bruce Lee did it too apparently. Every man needs a hobby I suppose and at least this does not require a shed.

Talking of hobbies, spinning is still on hold and beading has temporarily lost its pizazz, so I am toying with the idea of scrap booking. Pippa made such a lovely sort of mini-album of her wedding and it made me think that the small things are often the sweetest of all. But papery things and design are not my forte so I am still just thinking about it (and by that I mean I have bought card and glue and I am slowly gathering photos but they are sitting in the old crafting cupboard waiting for the necessary confidence to bounce on the scene).

So instead I am getting into Pilate's. I have a DVD to prove it. Thanks to a combination of protein powder and iron tonic I have my life back to normal energy levels now, but better than that without the caffeine and sugar kicks that kept me in such a vicious tempered circle. So now I have all this energy I am going to use it to trim up a bit and in the spirit of public accountability I will say that I want to get my waist back. It is now 27" - okay, that is not bad, but it is not what it should be considering my general build. It was carrying the twins wot did it but I want to see if I can get it back to what I consider normal for me. If I get there, I will let you know.

To conclude today's jabber I will give you my second favourite muppet, Beaker in a very short demonstration of what fun caffeine really is...


4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Um, I'd be happy with a 27" waist. And I didn't have twins.

Greg C said...

I absolutly love Beaker. So when are you going to get shocked?

What is a waist? Oh wait, that's where I store my fat. :)

Pippa said...

Glad to hear that you have your energy back! I'm very envious indeed. Hurrah for scrapbooking! You can do it! Do it! Join the scrapbooking club! I find Flickr very helpful for inspiration x

Sa said...

That hunny is you without caffeine not with it! Mwah