Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Soup, beauuuuuutiful soup

After reading about Technodoll's fabulous sounding soup, I thought I'd have a go at making some of my own.



Fry up half a chopped onion, half a sliced leek, 4 halved new charlotte potatoes, 1 sliced carrot, a few chopped slices of chorizo, 1 can of green lentils, 1 can of butter beans, 1 sliced parsnip, a few splashes of tobasco, pepper, herbs de Provence and a little salt. Then add enough water to fill the pan.
Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes, pad out with rice if desperate for carbs.

This is perfect for a chilly British Summer afternoon. Eat in front of the fire staring out at the swallows on the telephone wires who are probably plotting an early migration this year...

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Yum, soup! That looks like a wonderful recipe.

Technodoll said...

I may have to try your version... mmmmmm! Soup is a staple in my life - the possibilities are endless, when you have a little imagination (and alot of leftovers, LOL).

Just pretend it's autumn and all will be fine... a very long autumn.

Anonymous said...

thanks technodoll and sian going to try it.got rained on so many times this week.i need warming up.GOD bless you both.

robin ann mcintosh said...

oh my dear, you are so very lovely in all respects, even culinary loveliness... I wish I had a kitchen to attempt this soup, but I will forward it to my Mum asap : )

Sa said...

ROFL! my version of soup is as follows:
1 bag of tesco casserole mix
1 bag of frozen lamb
2 stock cubes
Chuck on the hob

And that is that!