Monday, July 21, 2008

The Princess and the Dragon




This is a stand in dragon for the moment as the story sack dragon is still under construction. He will be done in classic red satin but for now Slither is doing a fine job I think. Slither is Rose's pet dragon (every girl should have one) and he was made by my mum. She very cleverly filled him with polystyrene beads so he makes a beautiful rustling noise when he moves.
I have to say I am very pleased with Princess. After all, what girl, at one time in her life or other, has not longed for waist length silky blonde hair? Eden has really taken to her though so I think I will shortly have to make another for her...and then two more because even though the other two are not really fussed on dolls, they will refuse to be left out of a toy fest.

It is the school fete today and this entails me doing a four hour face painting gig later on. So now I need some fortification... hot tea and plenty of it.

Hope you have a fun filled colourful day too.

5 comments:

Technodoll said...

You know... I sometimes envy your life. It sounds magical and very rewarding, or at least you make it sound that way :-)

Lorraine said...

Sian- I've been watching "Escape to the Country" and they were in Wales yesterday- it's so beautiful there, and I was thinking of you.

Oh yes, 3 kids, 3 dolls.

Anonymous said...

Hi Doll. good Doll.

Sian said...

TD: Yes, my life is good. It has its ups and downs and sometimes I don't appreciate it like I should but it is good.

Lorraine: I love those knid of programmes. And then I realise that I am probably living in one of them! All I need are chickens and I'm done :o)

POD: You old flirt you!
:o)

Pippa said...

A beautiful princess! And you were so quick! I'm in awe! How lovely to have a princess doll made by their very own mother. Absolutely lovely.