Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sunday scribblings

Oceans are far from me
Lonely and tranquil as the moon

Oceans are indeed foriegn to me - my island is surrounded by seas and channels with small familiar names - Bristol channel, Irish Sea, North Sea, The Wash, who can get romantic about a body of water called The Wash?!

I don't like the sea anyway as I have said before. It always seems as though it is lying in wait, biding its time.

Oceans however are so large that they are beyond malice ( or anthropormophology - there's a word!) And what is more, oceans are found far away, on the way to America, Polynesia, Japan or India. Far, far away, sights I'll probably never see... then again...

See more Sunday Scribblings


4 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

You're so right, who can get romantic about The Wash! Oceans are so different from small seas.

rel said...

Sian,

"Far, far away, sights I'll probably never see... then again..."

I like that. ;-)
rel

Anonymous said...

Your blog is precious. There is a site that I visit and it also is most beautiful. I could spend days and days exploring and never be bored of it. I saw it and thought of you.
http://www.wefeelfine.org/

Sian said...

Dear anonymous
I thought hard before publishing your comment. I've checked out the site and that kind of conceptual art doesn't really do it for me. However, in the spirit of communication I thought that it was a valid experiment. So there you are...