Friday, May 18, 2007

Cobwebs Everywhere!

I will post a pic just as soon as I can. V has swanned off with the reader, I hate it when he does that.

Anyway, I have done - get this- 34 rows of a lace pattern. I saw a finished example of the Cobweb shawl from Victorian Lace Today over at the Daily Purl and as I could not be with the one I loved (Icarus) I thought that I could love the one I'm with and there we go.
[NB No, mine does not and will not look like the beauties you will see at Purl. But I don't expect them to - which is just as well really.]

And yes it is a very simple pattern so far ( I think it gets a little hairier as you go along) but the miles of purl and YO's are building my confidence that I might actually be able to accomplish this.

I am certain however, that any experienced knitter would weep in pain at seeing me knit. I am torturously slow and awkward. Can't hold the yarn properly, have difficulty getting a purled stich on the needle when I want to knit the darn thing. So I hope you understand what an achievement it is for me to get this far, let alone still be excited at the thought of continuing to work on it. It is the rubics cube all over again - I once gave myself open blisters trying to solve that thing, I worked on it all day and I still didn't do it. My mum eventually confiscated it but thats another story. She's not here now to rip the needles from my claw like grasp and I will get it done or die in the attempt *maniacal laugh*

Okay, back from the alternate reality now and I'm off to tackle the real thing (yes spider spun cobwebs) that are decorating the little room.

Have a successful day

No comments: