Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Freshly made Stitch Markers

Flourite chips with swarovski crystals (these are my favourite ones)


Green glass 4mm rondelles with size 11 clear seed beads


This little lot represent two hours work that went like two minutes

One of the reasons why I slacked off on the bead work was that it was so absorbing. I'd start playing after the kids went to bed (1 six year old and 3 year old twins don't really mix with beads and wire do they?). Anyway by 9 it was safe to drag out the bead box and then I would forget everything until V would yawn, stretch and suggest that as it was gone midnight perhaps we really ought to toddle off to bed. I was invariably like a corpse after a few late nights like that and so the beading just had to ... not go, but be put to one side for the sake of my health! (And everyone else's as I am such a collossal mare if I don't get my sleep.)
But there we are, beads got a breath of air again and they are still out, singing their siren song at me,

"They are better than stars or water
Better than voices of winds that sing
Better than any man's fair daughter
Your green glass beads on a silver ring".*

From Conversation Overheard on a Salt Marsh

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Lovely, lovely! I just might have to try some after all. :)