Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A Dilemma

I ordered some yarn from an on line store at the beginning of April, the 2nd I think. It was a custom order, the yarn to be dyed to my specification. They received my money via pay pal on the same day. It is now the eighth of May and despite several polite e mails I have received no response apart from an assurance two weeks ago that the yarn would be posted that week. I do not know what to do now. I am annoyed enough to cancel the order but I really want the yarn. I don't want to send a less than polite e-mail but I'm annoyed enough to do that too.
The thing is, is a month standard for a job like this? Am I asking too much to expect a delivery in a fortnight - as is stated in their website. I confess it has taken some of the joy out of the project for me. I guess I'm just fed up with hanging about waiting.

An update - 10th May
Sent a rather firm e mail requesting some kind of info soon or else no option but to take up with Pay Pal (thanks Iolo!). I loathe having to complain and that makes me more annoyed then, which makes my tone sharper, which leads to the other person getting defensive which leads to me getting aggressive - temper is never far away with me, sad but true - and before we know it a situation which could have been peascefully resolved with just a "Sorry, I'll get right on it" has blown out of all proportion. It is just yarn - cashmere its true but still. Not worth getting into a tizz over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the problem with t'internet. I wouldn't have thought it unreasonable to at least have received an explanation as to why the darn yarn (cool! poetry!) is taking it's time... You can always take the issue up with PayPal? they have their bank details and are in a stronger position than you. and at worst then you can get your money back. It's suprising what sellers will do when they face loosing a sale.

Sian said...

I hadn't thought about pay pal, I'll bear it in mind. Thanks.
See you tonight and I thought you and Morfydd were great. I'm looking forward to seeing the playback. I'm only dreading hearing myself sing! I can't believe I did it! Now I feel ill too...