Sunday, May 13, 2007

Given up on Seaweed, Got Cherries instead...

The Seaweed cashmere yarn, ordered on the 2nd April still has not been delivered despite a regretably sharp e-mail to the supplier who shall for the moment remain anonymous.
So, what now? MUST KNIT LACE...

Posh Yarn has a sale on Sunday evenings, which I normally miss as I am normally in church. Remembered that the sale started at 6, forgot, remembered at 6: 15. Alas I missed the marmalade colourway, I would have needed three skiens for Icarus and there was only one left. No good. But there was Samba - a bright cherry pink and it was in a half cashmere, half silk cobweb lace weight. Oh Glory Be! Huzzah!

Mine now my precious all mine....Dance Gollum jig (not so easy with a laptop on yer lap I can tell you)
Next step, down load pattern from American store of all places via Acrobat. Have to wait for V for this one, downloading is spooky stuff... baaad juju


Update
Just had an e mail from seaweed yarn supplier refunding money. No explanation as to the delay. But at least I have my money back and I have the Samba yarn instead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Horrah for the refund! was confused about how you knit seaweed, and frighteningly I can imagine you doing a strange little jig!?! what a thought for a monday morning. may you juju be fabulous all day long...

Nicole said...

I dunno... I think I would rather knit a cashmere/silk blend than seaweed any day...

Have a great Monday!