Friday, May 11, 2007

101 things in 1001 days


  1. Make this list - 11/5/07
  2. Learn to speak Welsh properly
  3. Knit a lace shawl
  4. Get a convertible, a triumph spitfire for preference
  5. Start keeping chickens
  6. Improve on the flute
  7. Clear the attic - Sept 07
  8. De-junk the kitchen
  9. See America, some of it at least - August 07
  10. Take a photography class
  11. Grow my hair past shoulder length (again)
  12. Sing in the worship band
  13. Take Mustard Seeds to another fair
  14. Start wine making
  15. Attend a counselling class
  16. Teach on prophetic/spirit dance- June 07? In Ffald y Brenin last time
  17. Learn to ride a horse
  18. Plant a willow tree in the back garden
  19. Make a tree house
  20. Get a writing den
  21. Buy an ice cream maker and use it regularly
  22. Write a will
  23. Make a story sack every summer holiday
  24. Make a family Christmas present every month
  25. See the Aurora Borealis
  26. Visit Italy again
  27. Go on an anti war protest march
  28. Put up more bookshelves
  29. Fix the wardrobe
  30. Draw a dragon
  31. Customise my louet wheel
  32. Finish spinning the Rosebasket tussah silk - 12/5/07
  33. Take a massage and anatomy class
  34. Send poetry off to the New Welsh Review
  35. Write the first chapter of the Ruth book
  36. Write the synopsis of the Ariannwen book
  37. Write a good erotic fairytale - July 07 (cinderella)
  38. Write two more folk songs
  39. Paint the little room
  40. Learn to play the harp
  41. Make a gambo
  42. Go to Woolfest - no go (maybe next year)
  43. Take all the kids camping to Snowdonia
  44. Read Paradise Lost
  45. Read Beowulf - Seamus Heaney's translation
  46. Get a dog
  47. Get my garden under control - get rid of mess on the top half - half way done thanks to Matthew
  48. Grow my own raspberries
  49. Keep doves
  50. Go sea fishing
  51. Go parascending
  52. Get Iolo's recipe for chewy cookies and make them - 15/5/07
  53. Make my own ginger beer from scratch
  54. Join a re-enactment society
  55. Sort out under stairs cupboard
  56. Visit Canterbury Cathedral
  57. Visit Gavin
  58. Learn to drive a horse and cart
  59. Go on a gypsy caravan holiday in Ireland
  60. Go on a walking tour of Provence with Lady Grace
  61. Get my nose pierced
  62. Take Tom for a driving lesson
  63. Read Beloved Exile - 2/6/07
  64. Go on a mission trip abroad - America August 07 comes under this I think
  65. See Paul in India
  66. Make the "Bark George" toy
  67. Volunteer at Rose's school
  68. Get away for a weekend with just my husband for company
  69. Make a print of the kid's feet and hands
  70. Do some open air service work
  71. Get a banner workshop off the ground 1st June '07
  72. Get the web codes for COTM off of Birdie and start the site again - early summer 07
  73. Organise another Ladies weekend at Ffald y Brenin - all set for Jan 08
  74. Enrole Rose in piano lessons
  75. Ditto ballet lessons
  76. Do the Cordell festival - April and September 07
  77. Take "The Giant's Daughter" to Lulu and investigate further
  78. Help a complete stranger
  79. Make and decorate a Christmas cake
  80. Have an open house on Christmas Eve
  81. Throw a fancy dress party
  82. Organise a barn dance and harvest supper in church
  83. Ride in a hot air balloon
  84. Start composting
  85. Buy a house to rent
  86. Organise a prayer and fasting session focused on the needs of the young people in our community
  87. Tidy up the Upper Room
  88. Have at least one go at archery
  89. Have at least one go with a handgun - on a range of course and all supervised
  90. Think of another 11 things to go on this list - 11/5/07
  91. Go to a wedding - 26/5/07
  92. Get a new throat plate for the fire and sweep the chimney (yes I'm scraping the barrel now)
  93. Go out for cocktails with some of the girls
  94. Join the Chocolate Tasting Club again - June 07
  95. Get my waist back to 26 inches (30" at the moment - thanks twins) - 28" Oct 07
  96. Sew an Elianor Mortymer skirt in a good sturdy material
  97. Make that flippin' felt shawl
  98. Go on two more spinning demonstrations
  99. Visit a planetarium
  100. Go to see a big musical production in London with Rose - Mary Poppins I think
  101. Sleep undisturbed for as long as I want to

If I start this today then the finish day is the 5th February 2010 and fortunately I can cross one off straight away. Hurrah!

6 comments:

Greg C said...

Very interesting. I have done so many of those things I must be very fortunate. I do want to find out about the ginger beer since I grow so much of it. See you on your trip to America.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Actually you can cross of 90.
Will 21 and 33 ever clash? I hope not. Im sure I can help you with 52, but that will then make 95 especialy difficult. 37 kind of stands out from the rest (compared to woolfest etc). 61? Oh dear no.
TTFN

Anonymous said...

Did you get the recipie I emailed you to help you with no 52?

Christy Woolum said...

Wow! This is quite an ambitious list. I have kept chickens and glad I did, I did put a willow tree in the back yard, and I too woul like a writing den. Great list!

Nicole said...

Hey, if you come this way when you visit America I'll show you some sights.

And you want to learn to play the harp, too? Man. Me too. And you play flute? I've always wanted to learn that.

Sian said...

Nicole, this is getting spooky man! Spinning, theatre, beads, flute, harp, books & poetry. Cool! (see, I can speak Californian)