Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Quiet Day - How Lovely

Just what I needed. Lady Grace's for lunch had a good chin wag about Monday. The twins got worn out jumping along to C Beebies and are now zonked on the sofa. The rain is swooshing up the valley. Hot cup of tea and a good fire in.

Been surfing around and have seen some interesting ideas. Friday Fiver - five random questions to fill in every Friday. Not sure I want to participate, I've already got the Sunday Scribblings, the Haikus and Love Thursday going - you can have too much of a thing I guess. But I like to read other's blogs. Checked out The Lair of the Book Wyrm and The Parchment. Both beautiful blogs.

Also found 101 things in 1001 days and it's worth thinking about. I would need to put serious time into it though to come up with a hundred things to do. But it is brain fodder and that is good.

Aside from that I cannot get Cordell out of my head. It's been there for quite some time and I suppose it has made a nest and is reluctant to leave. We might carry this on. The group really is too good to let it go completely. Anyway it was inevitable that once I'd started writing again it would be hard to put down and now the singing which I've always loved even if I'm not very good at it. (I will be my own sternest critic tonight replaying the video of the performance. Oh I hope I did not make an absolute fool of myself.)

Anyway, it all boils down to this. Once more I really am a song spinner again. Dusted off the flute and wrote Mostyn and Mari's Song (Song of the Earth) this afternoon. Haven't written a song in many years. For a long time I laid this at V's door. He is a musician and an extremely talented singer and I never felt as if my little efforts were worth anything much next to his greater gift. Now...well we can't all be fantastic but with a few years under my belt than previously I can realise that it's better to make a small noise and have fun than make none at all and wish later that you had.

Have a sweet and gentle day


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great...today i've just downloaded the 'My young man' song as i can't get it out of my head... well done. Now i'm going to bed. will elaborate on my comment tomorow. once again, well done.

Nicole said...

Thanks for the link! It's always nice to find a like-minded blogger out there, and you're right - we do have a lot of similar interests.

I think it's awesome that you write songs. I don't touch the music composition, but have written lyrics sets, which may one day be given to a friend or family member to set to music.

Have a good one!

Sian said...

Hi Nicole
I dont know whether you could call one song in seven years as song writing, but it might be the start over. Thanks for the encouragement though!