Monday, August 11, 2008

Six different things before breakfast

There is nothing more charming than a quiet morning spent in the company of an eight year old. The conversation ranged over why there were such things as flies, the merits of short hair cuts, nail polish and favourite dinosaurs.
This last kept us going for sometime. It is quite a good question - what dinosaur would you like to be?

Rose settled on a triceratops.
I rather fancied being an ankylosaurus...
...but decided in favour of a deinonychus because they are just so funky.

Just dropping in for a bite of lunch




V saw us all off by deciding upon the argentinosaurus, a creature which even the deinonychus would find too much of a project to undertake. At 35 metres long, a man would not even reach this monsters ankle!
We spent a fair bit of time tracking down info on these creatures. Have you ever heard of Gondwanaland? No? Me neither. It was a super continent including most of the land mass of the Southern hemisphere and that is where argentinosaurus was found. I love wikipedia don't you?

So, tell me - what dinosaur would you like to be?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why yes, I have heard of Gondwanaland. ;)

Isn't the fascination of eight years old's for dinosaurs wonderful. It makes it interesting all over again when looked at with fresh eyes.

Anonymous said...

Charming story about your play-day! I like dinosaurs too. I think I'll choose the stegasaur. That's the one they used to say had two brains. The older I get the more help I can use!!

Patois42 said...

I'd have to be a pterodactyl. And what a wonderful thing to talk about!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Hey.......I was going to pick the Argentinosaurus.....then I scrolled down and saw that V picked it too, weird!

I attended a wedding that Cody was a part of at the Fernbank Museum of Natural History......we had dinner underneath the Argentinosaurus, it was pretty rad.

Here's a link:
Giants of the Mesozoic

Lorraine said...

Sian- Ever since I saw Jurassic Park and those velocaraptors went after those kids- scared me to death.

Maybe a pterodactyl.

Anonymous said...

don't always believe wiki? me it's got to be the crocdile it's still going must be doing something right.

Sa said...

I want to be a doouthinkhesaurus!

The old ones are always the best ones

Anonymous said...

Sian,Sara's Doouthinkasaur died years ago she had to go and dig it up.

Anonymous said...

arran is t-rex
nathan is triceratops. myself think's the both are rats.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sian. Have nominated you for blog award. Details on mine. :)

robin ann mcintosh said...

you are a pisces? I just noticed your profile. that must be why I feel we are kindred spirits!

I wish I could still be fascinated by dinosaurs... oh, to be eight again : )