Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Favourite Things #3

Friends

Blogging friends are great. Oakmoon awarded me this a few days ago but I have been so busy what with V gallivanting off to Uganda and all that it has taken me this long to get my head together to write anything much. But I am chuffed to get this. Thanks Kim :o)

The Rules for those recieving an award are:-

1. The winner can put the logo on their blog
2. Link the person you received the award from
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4. Put links of those blogs on yours
5. Leave a message on the blogs nominated

I nominate in no particular order:
  • Dizzy because she is a great friend on and off line. She is brave, good and beautiful and she has a mean eye for a shoe as well
  • Bookwrym aka Nicole because her blog is fun to read, you never know what you are going to find next. Plus she knits, reads, beads, spins and she is into theatricals too. (A bit spooky really how similar we are.) It was through Nicole's blog that I found the Sheriff, another good blog buddy and she also pointed me in the way of Kresley Cole and the Immortals After Dark series, which is huge fun - so thanks an awful lot Nicole! :o)
  • Patois - this girl has a terrific blog. Funny, poignant and wise and if I cannot share her love of Bruce Springsteen then at least we both agree that haiku are here to stay.
  • Kate -of Kate Quilts because she has a truly uncanny eye for colour and design. Plus the fact that she is Australian and everyone knows that an Aussie means fun.
  • Pippa - Pippa as well as being just as lovely in person as she is to look upon is immensely talented in all things crafty. She is inspirational in the way she bravely responds to a debilitating illness and she also happens to be a good friend


The above pics are of the lovely Pippa and myself at Craig y Nos for a dear friends 25th Wedding anniversary party. The invitation was handed over along with a challenge to dress as extravagantly as we could. Who could resist an opportunity like that? There were some splendid outfits there including V who worked the Lucius Malfoy look rather well. I did not manage to get a photo of my dear husband which is annoying. He will have to get togged up for a blog pic. That however will have to wait until he returns from Uganda though.

V has also gone with friends and is at this moment very far from home indeed. Bizarrely, I have indulged in a whirlwind of housework and have also purchased paper to do the hall, if the little tunnel leading from the front door to the living room deserves such a grand title. I know what he will say two weeks from now, stepping into a pristine (and therefore unrecognisable) house
You have been busy...I really must visit Africa more often.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait till V comes back from Uganda with a a new garb he'll be on the tomtoms in church.well lady's you did't look like wallflowers you look like the hubby's are well off.glad you enjoyed.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

You two look gorgeous :)

Nicole said...

I love the pics! You two look simply stunning.

And thanks for the award! I'm planning to put up a WIP Wednesday post later today, but I'll post about the award on Friday (I hope... things tend to get crazy).

Pippa said...

Thank you so much! Not only do you say lots of lovely things about me, but you give me an award too! I really enjoyed spending time with you at the party. You're great. Loads of love x x x

Anonymous said...

You ladies look just mah-velous!

Sa said...

Ty for the award, I know how much I deserve it! rofl. Thanks for coffee, chats, comfort! V will probably end up in Africa as much as the MR so here's to single motherdom and lots of trips to swansea and starbucks in the future! Child free of course! OOOOO full time school how will we fill our days!

Lorraine said...

Sian- I bet you miss V- and he misses you.

You both look lovely in your gowns. Wales is quite the party place.

robin ann mcintosh said...

you get so much blog-love, and it's obvious why! you are so pretty : )

Kim said...

Thats a fabulous picture, Sian, you both look great and what a lovely chance to push the boat out :)

Kim x

Patois42 said...

What nice things you have to say. And to be in such good company. Thank you, honestly. (And I forgive you for lacking the Springsteen gene. You have so many other talents, I'm just going to let that slide.) And those photos, wow! I want to go to a party like that.