Saturday, August 23, 2008

Kids and Cats Dont Mix

3 am and Rose wanders in. Zac is on my bed and he won't get off.
Me: Mmmfff?
R: And he's got fleas!
Me: Thwack him with a cushion, he'll soon shift

She wanders back out again. I try to get back to sleep but, tired as I am, there is now a voice in my head squawking Flea ridden cat on your baby's bed! He's not allowed upstairs anyway! You know how stubborn that cat is, he won't move just from a cushion!. etc etc
Sleep evaporates
I bumble groggily into Rose's room, pick up the cat who has suddenly gone as boneless as a tree hugging eco protester in the arms of a bailiff and evict him to his nice comfy shoebox on the sitting room windowsill.
And now I am still awake at 5am and I have a busy day ahead.
Rats

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

cats rule, put rose in shoebox.don't fight it you will sleep better and when you get back in bed kick MrV and tell him it's his fault YOU WILL FEEL BETTER.????

Anonymous said...

Sigh, I'm up too. No little one here, but cats can get you up waaaay too early on a Saturday morning all by themselves...hope you can get back to sleep, I think I'm going to wave the white flag and put the coffee on...

Anonymous said...

Hello tis me on POD's puter! Have a fab trip to your ball, sorry I couldn't have the girls. Will kick James when I see him lol and glad his dad made him stand by his commitment. As for Cyril, he is hiding on another part of Europe so we are safe for a few days yet. Please post pics of the outfits tonight and what Pippa did with hers. Love Sa X

Nicole said...

Yikes, that's no fun. Though ususlly I'm the one getting woken by a cat on the bed who won't move. Or, more common, who is moving too much and pouncing on my feet.

Kim said...

Pets and children are always a great combination!!! Hope you catch up on your sleep.

Kim x

Patois42 said...

Oh what rich language, Sian, "as boneless as a tree hugging eco protester in the arms of a bailiff." Brilliant. And at 5 a.m. no less.