Thursday, December 21, 2006

Morriston hospital

Walking down the hill away from my test, it was about 8:30 am and the sun just rising over Swansea mountain. The frost was thick and the nurses, doctors and porters coming off night shift had to scrape their cars clear before making for home. It was very cold and I felt very peaceful in the rose light of a winters morning.
On my way back to the car I passed Ty Olwen, the hospice for kids with cancer. There was a chapel there and through the stained glass I could see the alter covered with Christingle candles. Far too many. I thought of those parents who are helpless observers of the battle that goes on in their childrens bodies and I gave heartfelt thanks that we are well, healthy, strong and have a health service for those that are not.

No comments: