Saturday, December 30, 2006

Blog surfing

Spent the last few days wandering around blogger, lurking is the word I believe. Reading other blogs and seeing what is the shape of things.There are some very large, very impressive blogs out there with a community already attached it seems. It also appears quite cliquey and strangely intimidating for such a chatty place. Rather like walking into a room full of strangers that all know each other already. That coupled with the fact that I have no web manners at all, completely no awareness of 'netiquette' and have in the past, annoyed people severely in various chatrooms, leads me to the conclusion that this tiny, wee blog is just the right size for me.

Just read that through and it sounds a bit pathetic really. Like the party bore whom everyone avoids or worse, that sad little creature collecting the used glasses and doing the washing up as an excuse to hide in the kitchen. But well in the rare party that I actually attend, that sad little creature is usually me.
And so I will
not walk into the room full of strangers but stay in this little corner of cyberspace muttering to myself and nursing my drink. Being brittle and trying not to cry.

Other than that I have had the desperate task of trying to get this house into some semblance of order and it is just not working. The sitting room is tidy, but as for the rest... yuk. So many toys, so little space.

Oh and I've started spinning once more just for fun rather than for the Christmas projects. I'm on laceweight shetland just for me to wind down. I have no plan in mind for it and I cannot or rather will not knit or crochet such difficult stuff, but my mum hasn't knitted fine stuff for some time so she can add it to her stash and it will free up 400gms of space in mine. Huzzah!




No comments: