Friday, December 15, 2006

Chocolate making

I reckon I'm just about felted out. I've done Mrs J's mittens and they were a bugger to do if I'm honest. The camel down just would not felt so I hade to needlefelt white wool in patches behind it all so all told its a bit of a potch really. That said it doesn't look bad at all and the things after a bit of bother have held together well. Lily got hold of them when I wasn't looking and they stood up to her well so they cant be that badly made. But right now I don't think I could face making another pair today so Stephs "seascape" mitts will have to wait.

So now all the chores are done and I'm blogged up I am going to move onto the cooked goods to give for Christmas. The cranberry sauce is easy to do and can be done in under an hour leaving me free to do something else in the mean time.

So I want to do raspberry ripples, lemon creams, rum and raisen nuggets and brandy soaked cherries. I wouldn't mind a go at blueberry truffles either but I don't have any white chocolate yet. I'll have to wait until V gets back from shopping with his mum.

Rose had another bout with earache last night so yet another disturbed night for me and a day off school for her. So we are curled up watching the old BBC version of the Chronicles of Narnia right now as I have
eventually become fed up of The Santa Clause and although I ordered The Snowman yonks ago with Amazon it still hasn't turned up yet.

So, time to stop talking and get shifting. I have a clean and tidy kitchen to mess up. Have at it!

No comments: