Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Flowers, felt and faulty cat flaps

Lets see, what have I done today?

Usual work, the morning is a blur so it must have been dull.
This afternoon I worked up five pieces of felt, some
of which are just too lovely to cut. Marge gave me some Jacobs fleece in the summer and I promised myself that I would felt it. Well, six months later, here it is with jags of orange, green and red fizzing through it along with a whisper of heather tri lobal fibre to give it a lift. I can never resist a bit of sparkle.


This photo was added 31st Dec and it is in fact a scrap of said felt left over from the hat that I made out of it for Nick for Christmas

The pieces I made today were all meant to be plain as the palm halves of the patterened stuff I made a few days ago, but I only made one of those, all the others are lit up with silks or some uncarded mohair locks in "sea scape" from Win
ghams. These are destined for Steph eventually or I might give her the whole piece of the turquoise and cerise with spangly yarn felted through it... She'd like either.

The only problem now is that I have run out of feltable fibre. I don't think Winghams will be able to deliver stuff this close to Christmas and the guild have finished meeting until January. So if I want anything else now I'm going to have to see if Sharon has any fibre that she would like to sell. Or I
could just make do with what I've got.

Went to see Rose's school play tonight, a retelling of the Mexican legend of
the ponsettia. Rose was a mexican child and had a little dance to do. This time next year Eden and Lily will be in it. This time three years ago, they were the same size as your average kitten and living in an incubator. Time goes on square wheels sometimes.

So I have to go and fix the cat flap, Eden broke it this evening with a brush and Zac can no longer use it safely and it is blowing a gale into the house through the gap. After that I really must get the arms of V's jumper under control.

Nos da my lovlies

No comments: