Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Less than two weeks to go

The days are slipping by me fast, people are asking me 'All set for Christmas?' and I am surprising myself as to how unset I am. I can't quite seem to enter into my usual enthusiasm. Mind you, my kids are driving me nuts and I haven't had a decent nights sleep in months so I'm not surprised I'm frazzed. I suppose Christmas will land on top off me as it generally does on the 22nd or there abouts. And yet we have lots of lovely things to do at this season, several parties and meals out etc.
There's even a couple of fancy dress do's and I haven't been to one of those since I was a kid.

I'm off as the Snow Queen, yard and a half of white velvet, some silver spangles, a little bit of tinsel (of course) and away to go. I don't even have to sew the thing, Which is good because crafty as I am, I sew like a bear.

Made some more felt today and I think my beginners luck has run out. More likely I knew I had a bit to do and rushed the job. Eden was determined to help and tipped the soapy water everywhere. Still, Mrs J's mitts are on their way. Botany sliver base overlaid with camel down, a little mulberry silk and a few dots of yak down. If felt could be tofifee sweets then this is it.




No comments: