Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Pod's Hat - phase two

Pod has a team and that team's colours are black and amber. Amber is not a colour one gets in the Winghams catalogue. So it is out with the carders for a bit of creative blending.

This is fun, but it takes a looooooong time. Get the colour mix right, then blend, pile the batts up, split, card up, pile up, split the pile and card again. It is best to take rings off the fingers for this or else you'll get blisters! Trust me, I know.

Colours to make amber. Mostly yellow, orange and brown
but touches of others needed for depth

the blend on the carder

semi-mixed batt

finished pile of blended batts

sample of amber felt

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That is gorgeous! I love watching bright and unruly roving bits turn into something completely different.

This makes me want to grab my hand carders and play.