Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Day for the Queen

That is what we used to call a day spent doing what we liked in my house when I was growing up. These days they are known as crafting days. I had Carol's company all day yesterday. She is working on a mega quilt - patchwork and it is beautiful so far and surely will be stunning when it is finished. Quilting is something that has always passed me by, like cardmaking or applique. They are all crafts that one would think I would take to - pretty little fiddly things, but there is too much design involved in it, composition and that - it is bad enough putting earrings together. Quilting would fry my poor brain to a crisp.

I spent the day working on Pod's hat as you can see from the previous post which is I confess post dated or a retrospective or what ever you call it when you fiddle with the posting options on blogger - cheating?

Anyway. It is Thursday and that means a love is all around. There have been plenty of kidling pics up here of late so I think I will post up...


Carol (sans quilt) in her Cordell costume. Taken in Blaenafon Ironworks which is where The Coal House was filmed.
Carol will not kill me for posting this up because she is a lovely person, but she will want to kill me very much indeed.

1 comment:

Pilgrim said...

Carol should love the picture, it's wonderful. Imagine the work that went into the outfit. The background is intriging as well.