Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Pod's hat - phase three

Well, it is done!

Apparently Pod has been watching with baited/bated (?) breath for the next installment of the hat saga. The felt has been sitting on my piano looking forlorn. I made it up and then got cold feet thinking that I would foul up the cutting somehow, but I managed and now it is recognisably a hat.

It looks a bit weird though. Kind of what Darth Vader would wear if he was a Mountain Ash Rugby Football Club supporter. But there you go. I followed my brief and it is all done bar the shouting. Hopefully they will be yells of glee rather than "What the hell do you call that?!" followed by hoots of laughter. I can hear Uncle Daisy* now...

Pics tomorrow when I can find a model that is awake



*Uncle Daisy - the name bestowed by my youngest on Dizzy's husband - as sturdy an example of Welshman that you could find in the Valleys, built like a brick privvy as they say around here and my three fairys call him Uncle Daisy. He wears it graciously.

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Sian- A brick privy! (giggle)

I used a quote from Blackadder's Christmas Carol on my blog- I know you'll appreciate it!

Sa said...

Me dost think Uncle Daisy rather likes his pet name! Love the analogy of him lol!

Pilgrim said...

You are still on top of my list Sian! Love you lots.