Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hello from Devon!

We have wiifii - what ever the heck that is. Anyway, I am back, temporarily at least. Here is the show so far and in no particular order

Old steam train trip. I could hear the Narnia theme music the entire trip. It has been years since I have been on a steam train. It really was enchanting - I am now desperate to read The Philosopher's Stone just to read about the Hogwarts Express all over again...

The obligatory cream tea. This one was particularly delicious, the scones were still warm, the jam was home made and the clotted cream was meltingly rich...

The steam train stopped off at an animal rescue centre. There were so many of my favourite animals there. Owls, call duck and goats. There were hedgehogs too but I was so enchanted with these that I forgot to take a photograph. They were gorgeous, believe me...

Look at this nosey one. Isn't she gorgeous? I do so love goats.

Rose got some fishing in. She didn't catch anything but really enjoyed the afternoon. V did not find it riveting though, so next time I have volunteered to supervise and get some serious knitting time in...
And of course we have visited a castle. Only one, but this is a beauty. Berry Pomeroy, home to the Seymour family - Jane Seymour, the third wife of Henry VIII. Her brothers led truly knife edge lives in the court of the following Tudors. I believe their father was executed by Bloody Mary. I loved studying the Tudor period, so colourful* and dramatic, absolutely fascinating.

So it has been a great trip so far. If my airtime lasts I will pop round to see what you lot have been doing while I have been away.

ttfn!

*scarlet usually - she wasn't called Bloody Mary for nothing...

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Ah! No pictures of the hedgehogs? Boo.

Ah well. At least they were adorable. I want one.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

A castle! I'm envious :)

Looks like a wonderfully relaxing time.....

Technodoll said...

Oooo it's almost like being there... your trip sounds absolutely delightful, so VERY rich in history (and pastries, mmm), I really need to visit there one day. Looks like you are having a blissful time, so happy for you! and thanks for the lovely photos!

Kati said...

Ahhhh, what beautiful pictures. And, your mention of the Hogwarts train, followed swiftly by your pic of the owl.... LOVE IT!!!! I so wish I could visit your corner of the world. It looks like a beautiful one with such different historical aspects than what we've got here in my corner.

Anonymous said...

by the time you read this you will be back in wales. check Derry's glod filling's and his dad.derry and sara held a few meetings at the house which helped many in walking with the LORD.GOD is moving. glad you enjoyed yourselfs. Mr V fishing????????? see you all in church.have you seen pippa's socks sara ordered two for the boys.