Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Excuse me...where's Summer gone?

I am frozen and have been all morning. Almost the solstice and I've got the coal fire going. It's not on, really it is not. So there I was back under the duvet, grumbling at the wretched freakish nature of British weather, vowing not to get out of bed until the house warmed up a bit.

Then there's a knock at the door - postman - aka Santa Claus. When Postie knocks it is always worth getting up because it means there is a parcel, which means books, yarn, wool, beads or something pretty what ever it is. So off I leapt like Pavlov's dog and waiting for me were these little beauties...



My part of the web trawl of goodies for the posh frock do and they are as comfy as slippers which is always good news. So, who needs sunshine? I have satin shoes to keep me warm...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

men will never understand. what is it with women and shoes.they look good, but not around the house in your dressing gown.get those shoes off.play time is over.ENJOY.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Pointy toes......love em'! Mine just collect dust these days :(

Lorraine said...

Sian- Very pretty. One can NEVER have enough shoes.

Technodoll said...

Satin shoes! ooo ooo! are you wearing those with the naughty plaid skirt for V?

Hey it's cold and rainy, might as well have SOME fun... *grin*

Sian said...

POD: I have a coal fire...white satin shoes do not fare well in this house :o)

WW: Hiking boots are way more comfy anyway...

Lorraine: Amen sistah!

TD:Easy tiger :D

Pippa said...

They look very much like my wedding shoes!

Technodoll said...

He he! I'm a cougar not a tiger :-D