Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Few More Beads

Gosh, what with this glorious weather we have been enjoying there has been little time for blogging. I love summer, it is really warm out there now and there is not a cloud in the sky - it really lifts a person up. I was swanning round town this morning and everyone looked so cheerful or maybe they were just smiling back at me - who knows but I have had a lovely morning. Back to the house then to find that my latest batch of wire and beads have been delivered.

I have been a bit inspired on the old beading front after a while away. So I made these two by way of a warm up and then I am going to be branching out a bit. I'll post up the results if they are any good - if it is an utter disaster I will not - well, I might but only for a laugh.



These are brooches, the dragonfly was given to my mother in law for her birthday last week and my Mum nabbled the snail - she has a bit of a thing for snails, though not when they venture into the lettuce patch...

Anyhoo, that is about it for now. Hope you are enjoying beautiful weather too.
Have a great day

11 comments:

Pippa said...

Beautiful! Looking forward to seeing more beady creations x

Technodoll said...

Ooo those are lovely! Very very sweet, Sian :-)

Am glad you're having awesome weather, life needs balance... we're sweltering here, it's very unpleasant cuz too hot and muggy to enjoy outside so we're STILL all stuck inside our houses panting in the A/C...

Sigh.

Nicole said...

That's too funny - my sister has a bit of a thing for snails, as well! The pins turned out lovely.

Greg C said...

Having nice weather here. Nice and hot that is. :) I love your art work.

Lorraine said...

Sian- The pins are great- you are such a Renaissance woman.

Anonymous said...

Love the beautiful work! Can't wait to see more of your creations!

Anonymous said...

i didn't know your mother was french.?

Sian said...

Hello Pippa! Nice to see you again :)

Technodoll, can't you ever win with your weather? :)

Thanks Nicola :)

Greg, I would love to be in the Carolinas right now.

Gosh, thanks Lorraine :)

Nice to see you JM

Neither did I POD :)

Technodoll said...

Hmmm I can't seem to comment in your post from today... weird!

Anonymous said...

snail-french. la. i agree tom baker was and is the best Dr who.those across the pond must wonder what we are talking about.

Anonymous said...

for crafters take a look at my blog?