Friday, June 06, 2008

Today's Tidbit

I have been a bit quiet lately, basically because I have not had much to say really. But to let you know that I have not died, here is a snippet of conversation from school sports day to keep you going...

[In the canteen, waiting for the obligatory fund-raising raffle to be drawn]

Headmaster: And the winning ticket is - pause - 444
Me (muttering) : A fraction of the beast
V: (Sputters as tea goes up his nose) : Two thirds actually

Another pause while Head waits for the nutters at the back to stop giggling.


And while we are wandering round the edges of pointless meandering, here's one you might not have met before...

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Excellency Sian the Mellifluous of Buzzcock Lepshire
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title


And I am married to

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Venerable Lord V the Purple of Chignall Smeally
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title


My three daughters are
My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Imperial Majesty Rose the Lackadaisical of Deepest Tooting
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title


My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Empress Lily the Implacable of Middle Witchampton
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title


and

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Grand Duchess Eden the Uncanny of Frome Valley
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my life if mine isn't the best!!

Emperor Cyril the Incomplete of Westessexchestershire

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Grand Duchess Wayfaring Wanderer the Lachrymose of Buzzcock Lepshire!

haha

robin ann mcintosh said...

haha, I love the titles, very British.

that's funny, I didn't know you had three daughters. I grew up with three sisters, and I truly believe that is the best combination and the best dynamic! ha, that sounds arrogant, but I have always been best friends with my little sisters.

Patois42 said...

Love, love, love how quick V is, even with tea up his nose. And you always find the most interesting blog games. I adore your title.

Anonymous said...

one knows ones place.KING Hellofafeller Poddy Pardoe and Order of the Tub or is that Pub.i'll drink to that.just call me what ever you want.and i sell titles. like Duke Winefobe of cardiff, or Noble Lord Bathfiller of Bridgewarter, Sir Flay's of Caerau,plus a few castles for sale or rent.Tel Queenie on Ex 204.if no answer try the King's Head.

Sian said...

Pretty good Cyril :)

Jessica: I could see you as a grand duchess actually...

Little Bird: I am glad we have girls, they are a lot of fun. I am good friends with my sister too, she is my hero.

Patois:There is something about a man who can make a girl laugh. What is it now?
Ah yes... irresistible :D

POD: Yup, He broke the mold when He made you...
x

Sa said...

sums you up cyril hunny!

Miss you!!

Anyway crafty back to business. How did you enjoy your harpersa bazaar?

Love the bead work!

Shopping and coffee? when when when? Sorry I cancelled on us! Twas a meeting of hard work so wish I had cancelled that instead!