Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Haul


  • Merino, (white) cos it's a basic right? The equivalent of spuds in the pantry.
  • Dyed merino: scarlet (for xmas decorations), fuscia, orange, chocolate and mixed rainbow snips for embellishing.
  • Nylon trilobal in parrot, yes it is tasteless, glittery, artificial and altogther anathema to spinners in general, but I LOVE it!
  • Cashmere, silk and merino blend. (white) Heaven in a fibre. Bought for felted baby blankets. Faith has started the ball rolling and babies are like mushrooms, once one is expected, more always come along. As long as one doesn't come my way I don't mind!
  • Falkland wool,(white) makes a beautiful spongy yarn. So warm, just right for hats.
  • Teal acid dye
  • Two surina wood crochet hooks, 9 & 12 mm.
  • Rainbow merino and silk blend (one length in rainbow and the other in flame) for cobweb felted scarves.
  • Wool and possum blend. (beige-unfortunate colour but can be snazzed up with surface work)
  • Blue faced leicester humbug blend.(humbug colour-I'm not kidding). This is a stunning glossy wool and it spins like toffee. Just gorgeous.
  • Tussah silk (pale honey) as I was running low and it is useful for plying.
  • Scrap of pencil roving (cherry truffle) to felt into the hearts.
  • Finest white Mongolian cashmere. Destined for laceweight yarn now that I have learned this fab new technique. I will post on that when I get to spinning it up, but I have to finish the seascape silk first.
So I have an awful lot to be getting on with. Good thing it is the start of October as a lot of this stuff is destined for Christmas presents. Gonna be a busy girl from here until Christmas Eve!

No comments: