Monday, January 22, 2007

Well... that was amazing!




Do you think that I had a good time and Ffald y Brenin? And you'd be right. It was everything that I hoped it would be. It was peaceful and fun, blessed, prophetic. There was prayer, praise, popcorn, fun, good food, games, laughing til we wept, some weeping but not lots - just enough to acknowledge old scars.
The teaching was on Esther and the characteristics of a queen who saved her people from genocide. And from that came a discussion of where women stand and how they can best operate in what can sometimes be a male dominated church system. Plus there was the usual female chat that occurs in a group of women who realise that from this time, we grow to be friends.
This time was so valuable to me because it has seemed to me in the past that I have somehow lost the knack of making friends. This weekend has shown me that that idea is not true but that I do indeed need to make more of an effort with people and that I needn't hide behind a glower as being one of the safest places when in company.

Plus from all this I have had a freshener in the awareness of the love of God. That the fact of sitting in a chapel, quietly thinking about Him and having no blaze of glory or even an overwhelming sense of His presence, but that quietness will transform into a firm step into spiritual growth. I am not even certain of what has occurred within me at this time but I do know that something has happened and I want to explore this newness with as much anticipation as I would a new home or garden or wilderness.

This cannot be a one off experience for the girls in church. I reckon I will have to organise another trip in the Autumn.



No comments: