Friday, January 05, 2007

The New Toy

Took delivery of the new peg loom today. Rose veiwed it with deep suspicion. How can you weave on that? It's just a lump of wood and a few sticks. Search me, I have to read the instructions but it seems fairly self explanitory.
The wool that came with it really is a mixed bag. There some white fleece that is quite good, some Welsh black thats not too kempy, some brown and cream that looks like Orkney and some grey that just has to be Herdwick because I have never felt anything that has come off a sheep that felt so much like brambles in all my life - its the fibre equivalent of a torture chamber! But it is still interesting and a bargain as I want to experiment with unspun fleece to weave with.

Such fun: it's a shame I have so many chores to do before I can play.


Zac, however, is taking it easy

See ya!

No comments: