Saturday, January 13, 2007

So much fibre, so little time

Whoo hoo, have I been busy today. V's bogged off to London on a church jolly, jammy blighter I'd love to go. Admittedly, I'd be off to the Natural History or the New Tate rather than go to a service that's probably not as much fun as Church on the Move. But I could be wrong.


Anyhoo, got the girls all to myself this weekend and spent much of today at Mum's where my little house apes have a different house to wreck. They restricted themselves to eating one bar of soap and playing in the dog's water dish. I think we all got off lightly.

Whilst at mothers I managed to get a few inches of weaving done on peggy and I felted up a sample square of the merino/possum blend that I got yesterday from Winghams. The colour was what I would call hoover dust and that is not my thing so I jazzed it up with a snatch of kid mohair in Summer fruits. I think it came out well. I hardened it off properly and it is extremely fine but very flexible. I think it would make quite a good hat felt. Looking at the square I could see a little skull cap appear out of it. All I need now is a hat last. I wonder if someone in the Guild has one I could borrow?



from top clockwise
silver grey merino with parrot acrylic; tiny square of fawn cashmere
& wool/possum blend overlaid with kid mohair


Signed up to the Spinning Wheel web ring and apparently I'm in. (dances a little jig) Apparently I have to log onto another site and add a few more details but I am such a net illiterate I have no idea what I am really supposed to be doing. I will have to wait for V to come home and show me what to do.

Other webby stuff I have done, I have signed up to become a vendor on amazon. I popped a book up for sale this morning, on a whim really, I didn't think it would go at all but by golly, it's gone already. I'm really good at this amazon lark, so I ordered myself a crochet book with the proceeds of the sale. Bread out on the waters in practise as it were. I reckon I must have floated a bakery by now.

It's getting late now so beddy byes for me.
Nos da my lovlies


No comments: