Saturday, March 10, 2007

This week I am mostly reading

Silverthorn by Raymond E Feist.

Yes I'm back into the sword and sorcery for the mo, I got Eddinged out a few years ago and haven't really been back since LOTR film made it all so much easier if I needed a fix rather than having to put up with clumpy writing.
I haven't read much of Feist and this one was written in 1982 so I think he was fairly new to the game and it shows, but the story is good if well worn. Ii think I will probably read the Riftwar books but no more and I will stick to Guy Gavriel Kay for the fantasy stuff because he really is a Tolkien clone but with rather a softer touch for female characters. His Summer Tree stuff is some of the finest I have read in the genre. But for now, Riftwar and scary elves.

No comments: