Sunday, March 11, 2007

It's Spring (I think)

Sunny mornings, cool but not cold wind strolling not howling up the valley, primroses, daffs, grape hyacinth - which smells of heaven - and that indefinable feeling in the air. Lambing soon and time to start the annual fight with the garden.

No church today 'cos of the tonsillitis but I think we might manage a stroll up the hill after lunch. And then I think I just might get the peg loom out. I haven't wanted to do anything crafty for a while, the Cordell thing just wiped me out, but now that has been brought under control I can get moving once more. It's good to be crafting again.

5.50pm
It has indeed been a beautiful spring day, but we couldn't go out as Rose is still unwell. So I pootled about a bit with peggy and Rose rose up from her bed of pain to have a bash at her loom which she hasn't bothered with since January cos her sisters kept on wrecking her work, disheartening for anyone let alone let alone a six year old. She seems to be improving a little, her throat is a little less swollen, but still nasty. Poor sweetheart, she is so angelic when she is sick, it will be a relief to have her back to her impish self.

V has done another website for a friend, rather good this one, very dramatic. He let me have a go with the colours, but he didn't like what I did as it was rather mild, so he went overboard with the contrasting colours and ended up with orange and black. It sounds harsh, it's certainly not restful but it is very eye catching which is a good thing. Anyway, it got me going again and so I've done a little rejigging of my own on here in honour of Spring, turned out a bit pink but that's okay for now I think. Easter ain't far away and one cannot go wrong with pastels at this time of year, even though I'm more of a brights myself, they just don't work well on a screen.

Enough pootling Sian, time to re-thread Rose's new project.
See ya later Dudes!




No comments: