Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fundraising in the Rain

Well, I am not joking, it is hammering down outside and what do the Brits do when it's raining? They carry on regardless or else they would never get anything done. And so it means that in this admittedly foul weather I am taking our entire family out to Glynneath Lake to do a few laps on a jetski to raise funds for McMillan Cancer. Yes, I know, book me a place in the nut house later and while I'm there V and the kids can clock into the sanitorium.

I am taking the camera, just to record our lunacy for posterity. Look, it is character building stuff, the kids will thank me for it later.
Wellies on everyone? Then all together...We're jetskiing in the rain, just jetskiing in the rain, what a glorious feeling...


Update: 8 pm
It was indeed a glorious feeling. I didn't think I would have a go but as soon as I saw how fast Ian the Nutter sped across the lake with Dan, I knew I would be an idiot if I let an opportunity like this pass me by. It was a blast. Rose really enjoyed herself and even V, who gets nervous if anyone other than himself is in control of a vehicle in which he is travelling, even he had a great time.
So thanks Ian, Steve, Gaynor and crew. We had a great time, despite the rain!

No comments: