Sunday, September 09, 2007

Cordell Again

Saturday saw us at the Bedwellty Park in Tredgar for this year's Cordell Festival. ienjoyed it but that was more to do with the company and the fact that it was a fine day, the Cordell players had not been invited to attend which is rather disheartening, but we were good enough to aska long to mingle with the crowd in character. That kind of thing pretty much leaves me cold - approaching strangers reminds me of the cold calling days - yuk. But I had the useful character quirk that Elianor Mortymer has of being a spinner, off to the guild and swipe a wheel. I did swipe it too, there was no time to ask and put my name down in the equipment book. It will be returned Monday, not really swiped. So I hid behind the spinning wheel and hung out with Hywel and Iolo, Morfydd declined to dress up, but Elizabeth went half way and consented to card for me and put a bonnet on for the show of it. We talked to quite a few people who came to us rather than having to go to them. Yay!

Hopefully I will have a pic to post up soon as my camera had depleteed its batteries and Catherine/Morfydd is Affirmation Photography,( check it out to see some beautiful wedding pics btw.) and she took some pics that will go up on the Guild site too.

From there it was an impromtu move to Swansea Park and the celebration of the Proms. Great fun, thousands of people, great weather, fireworks and Lakme Flower Duet among others (absolute favourite duet ever - what a treat)

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Sian- I absolutely adore the picture on your sidebar.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the event.

Clare said...

Hi Sian, just checking in to see what you've been up to. It sounds like you had a really good time on your trip. I'm glad you got back home safely, and hopefully the jet lag has worn off by now. Welcome back!