Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Catching up

Oh my gosh, have I been busy or what. I don't wanna brag or nuthin but I'm a raging ball of wild fur.
Yes I've finally managed to get to see Brother Bear and I want Koda. Any way, got the threading hooks done for the guild AGM, very pretty they were too. Wanted to take a photo but lost the camera - found now but hooks are gone to various homes at the bring and buy.

I have gone banannas with the spinning and crochet. Sooo happy to have finished Rose's amethyst jumper,


Finished Lily's poncho, ran out of wool and had to order more from Winghams. Still haven't had time to spin that up because I was wrestling with a cow of a pattern for shawl for Lady Grace. In the end I gave up and rehacked it ala Siani. It looks umm... individual now. More a puritan collar than shawl but light enough for bed wear which is where it will be used I presume.
Lady Grace has a lovely house and she keeps it immaculate but it is plentifully supplied with draughts. I did her a little Juliet cap to go with. I hope she'll spot the irony. You never know.

Its a lovely yarn mind. Merino, cashmere, a little silk and a touch of angora for texture, all in cream and it is superbly light but warm. I want one myself but you know how it is. I haven't made anything for myself just yet.

I'm getting there on the ruby wool for V's Christmas jumper. He's a bit disgruntled that I havent covered more ground with it and I thought I would have had it all spun up by now but I reckon there is only about 200g to go now.

And best of all Oh frabjous day, calloo, callay! there is a sampling day by Wingham in Hereford this Saturday. Stretton Sugwas (I kid thee not, where do the English get these names from?) village hall 10 am til 4 pm and I'm a happy bunny. Okay so Hereford isn't exactly a hop skip and a jump from Neath but eighty miles is a near neighbour in the Outback. I must hoover my skip of a car.





No comments: