Sunday, September 07, 2008

What to Do?

So the kidlings have been back in school for almost a week, I have tidied my house back to its usual background level of clutter rather than the chaos the Summer holidays had turned it into. But here's the thing..I have no desire to do anything crafty what so ever.

Nothing.
Not beads, not silk painting, not dying, sewing, embroidery not even spinning. I have no idea why. And what is worse, I have no desire to try something new. Paper making, enamelling, pottery for instance. It is rather unnerving, this is just not me. Perhaps I need a day trip to a really good craft suppliers. Or attend a workshop somewhere. I am mystified.
So, all you crafters and artists out there - What do you do when the mojo has gone?

but wait - here is something to cheer me up


The Sheriff has awarded me this, which is just so cool and I get to pass it on too. Here are the rules...
The rules are
1: Post the award on your blog.
2: Add a link to the person who award you.
3: Nominate at least 4 others.
4: Leave a comment on their blog so they can pass it on.

  • Kati at Dragonfly's Musings. Ever wondered what it must be like to live in the Arctic? And what is more, to grow your own veg in a place that has permafrost? Here's the girl to tell you.
  • The Ginger Darlings, three cats over in Pembrokeshire take you into their world of magic and poetry
  • Alice at The Magpie Files. Alice has had to take a break from blogging just lately but you can still go over and browse.
  • Jasfoup at Diary of a Demon. This is a work of fiction in progress and I find the daily adventures of "a rising star in the underworld" thoroughly engrossing.
Hope you have fun investigating that little lot. I will probably be off line for a few days. See you soon m'dears.

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

Sian- It happens- you need time to rest and perhaps indulge in a great, uplifting book.

Have you thought perhaps of designing? It can bring your projects to a whole new level- inspired by the wonderful Welsh landscape-

(I feel inspired already!)

Sian said...

Lorraine: Alas, I have no talent for design. Composition is deceptively difficult - I get bogged down in details and end up muddy.

That is why I admire designers so much.

Gina said...

It happens to me occassionally. I don't fret. I just close the door on my work room and get on with life. I know that I'll get my enthusiasm back after a few weeks.

The weather we are having lately isn't helping. I think most people are a bit down lately.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I have been feeling a bit uninspired myself......

Let's hope we both find our sparks!

Technodoll said...

It's normal for moods, desires and inspiration to wax and wane like the moon and the tides.

Don't fight it or you'll just end up frustrated - embrace the break, occupy yourself with mundane tasks, read a book, enjoy a favorite movie or two and before you know it - bam! Your mind and your hands will be itching for action!

Hope you have a nice break, you'll be missed.

Kim said...

I had this problem on Monday, Sian, my oomf just went caput! For me it's a combination of different routine, missing the children and grotty weather. I took it easy for a day and then a craft book arrived to cheer me up. My advice is curl up with a good book or movie and a big bar of chocolate :)

Take care
Kim x

Pippa said...

FLICKR! I've been wasting hours over there and am now quite overwhelmed with all of the different things I want to try all at once. Hope you get your mojo back soon x x x