Monday, September 01, 2008

Slipping Through My Fingers

It is funny, I am writing this just about smothered in sleeping daughters. We are all stuffed into my bed and there is hardly any room for me to move my arm so that I can tap the key board. I am missing V so badly I am starting to annoy myself. And now that that window of the mind is opened, I find I am missing all sorts of people that I have lost touch with. I am missing Steph, I miss Tom, I miss Jo, but the weirdest thing of all is that I find I am missing Rose. She is zonked out right beside me! She goes back to school in a few days, her sisters are going full time too for the first time. I may be an unnatural mother but I will be glad for the break, so why am I sad too? It seems that my life has been a succession of learning to love things and then letting them go. It stinks sometimes.

Anyway, that's just me being low. September always does me in like that, Autumn in general really. I just don't like to see the leaves dying. It makes me feel morbid.

So... I think I will go and pop Brief Encounter on the DVD and snag some chocolate. A good howl will probably do me the world of good and everything will be better in the morning.

Sleep well m'dears

10 comments:

Lorraine said...

Sian- I used to pray for September and school to start, and then when they went I would come home and cry. I was the only mother doing that.

My daughter just left for her first day of the last year of high school. I feel a blubber coming on...

Anonymous said...

How very touching it is to me to read about your emotions. Not having become a parent, but logging many years as a student, I always look forward to September, even this advanced in life, it still brings me the feel of a renewal, a fresh start. Now I wonder about my own mother, what she might have felt about her only child heading off each time. Wish she was here to ask!

robin ann mcintosh said...

It seems that my life has been a succession of learning to love things and then letting them go...

SO very, very true.

Kim said...

I know how you feel, Sian. I hate it when my two go back to school, but at the same time, it's good to get back into a routine.

Try not to be too maudlin about this time of year. I look at it as the Earth retreating for a well earned sleep. Autumn is my favorite time of year, and I relish the winding down towards Winter. It would have helped if we'd had some kind of Summer though!

(by the way, I've been using your wool and it's delicious to work with :) )

Kim x

Technodoll said...

Oh dear... hope some hugs will cheer you up a bit? That, and some hot chocolate...

Autumn does the same thing to me, to alot of people really.

To me the seasons are a clock, we are at 9pm so soon bedtime for a bit until Mother Nature awakens from a nice sleep, around 4am. She is an early bird, that one ;-)

While she slumbers, we throw snowballs at her arse.

Sa said...

I had exaclty the same day yesterday! The MR will be smothered when he gets home! Just think a weekend and they are home, it will fly by! Fancy doing something next weekend with them? Any babysitters? Hunny I left a message on your phone to tell you V was fine. I had such a manic day that I didn't get chance to ring again. Now I am off to the airport to pick up my mum and then back for the monkeys and THEN swimming lessons and then we will all fall into bed. Come to mine when you drop of girls and off to borders we will go!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sian take a look at this site three free software Cd's for just p&p.About £1:90 .anything from clipart to desktop publishing studio.bible software.

https://www.cdearth.com/index.php?page=bonus

Patois42 said...

I love the feeling of being surrounded (AKA smothered) by my children. What a joy. And I can so relate to feeling bereft at losing the littlest one. We're silly people, mothers, aren't we?

Anonymous said...

if the link didn't work try this

https://www.cdearth.com/

Pippa said...

The little ones are going full-time! Wow. Well, it means you'll have more time for your crafting!